Five Tips for Planning a Great Tailgating Party
Start to plan some fun for the football season and use some of these helpful tailgating tips! Plan a tailgating party for a pro game, college game, concert, or other fun event.
Tailgate party ideas include:
- Make your tailgate a potluck. Create a potluck list to accompany your digital invitation from Punchbowl and let guests easily sign up for items to bring along. Consider a dip for the party such as a salsa onion dip with one ounce of dry onion soup, 16 ounces of sour cream, one cup of chunky salsa, sliced green onion, and tortilla chips or vegetables. Stir the soup mix, sour cream, and salsa in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate the dip for two hours. Sprinkle the dip with the onion, and serve it with the chips and veggies. Make sure you stock up on other essential items like chairs and utensils. Make sure to send a reminder to everyone a few days before the event so that no one forgets to bring what they signed up for!
- Consider incorporating eco-friendly tailgating ideas and use disposable paper goods for the party. If you can't find eco-friendly, disposable paper goods for tailgating parties, bring real plates and utensils in a separate bag and wash them when you get home. Bring plenty of trash bags to clean up after you tailgate.
- Have a wide variety of tailgating supplies, such as beverages, available in your cooler. Keep people hydrated with bottled water, especially if they're drinking. Keep it handy for the ride home too!
- Create an upbeat playlist to get you and your friends excited for the big game or concert. Bring a portable radio and speakers to use so that you don’t drain your car battery. Add to the fun with tailgating games such as a bean bag toss game.
- For tailgate food ideas, keep your leftover tailgating food in a cooler, and store it in the car. Instead of sitting through traffic after your event is over, you and your friends can relax and enjoy your leftovers for part two of your tailgate party!
Enjoy these tailgate ideas, have fun, and don’t forget to be responsible!
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now