Santa Christmas Party Theme
Throw a Santa Christmas party this year with jolly old Saint Nicholas at the center of your theme. Kids and adults alike will be delighted with your Santa theme party, which captures the joy and magic of Christmas. Incorporate Santa in all the elements of your party planning for the most cohesive and festive event of the season.
Here are some Santa party ideas for you to try during your celebration:
- Santa Party Invitations: Punchbowl has wonderful options for free online invitations that will incorporate your party theme. Let your guest list know that Santa will be coming to town and provide them with the date, time, and place of your event. If you want to know who is coming and who won’t be able to attend, ask them to RSVP to the Naughty or Nice list.
- Santa Party Decorations: Set up a winter wonderland and have a North Pole Christmas party. Wrap red and white ribbon or streamers around lamp posts or door frames in the house and place reindeer figures on the lawn. If you have a fireplace, you can take a pair of pants, stuff the legs with newspaper, add a pair of shoes to the bottom and hang this so it dangles and looks like Santa is coming down the chimney.
- Santa Party Food: Assemble jolly hors d’oeuvres that look like Santa by taking round crackers and adding ricotta cheese for his beard. Use capers for eyes and a nose and celery slices for a moustache. Top it off with a hat cut out of a pepperoni slice and attached with another dab of ricotta. For dessert, delight your guests with the perfect Christmas dessert idea: Santa hat brownies! Top each fudge brownie with a dollop of whipped cream, a strawberry, and another small dollop on top to create the Santa hat. Serve other tasty tidbits and, of course, delicious Christmas cookies.
- Santa Party Activities: Host a Secret Santa exchange and have your guests bring small inexpensive presents that the whole group can swap and unwrap together. You can also have a Santa’s workshop Christmas party by encouraging your guests to give back to the community rather than bring host/hostess gifts. Pick a local charity and collect gifts or other gently used items that can be donated to less fortunate families. Santa’s Workshop will be buzzing with happy helpers and the spirit of Christmas.
- Santa Party Favors: Send your guests off with a sweet treat. One easy idea is to simply rewrap store-bought chocolate bars to resemble Santa. To do this, wrap a bar in ivory paper and then wrap just the lower third using red vellum for his coat. Cut out a white beard using scalloped scissors and make a hat out of a triangle of red construction paper topped with a white pom pom. Finally, give Santa a fingerprint-stamped face by pressing your pinky onto a black ink pad for eyes, your index finger onto a red ink pad for a nose, and your thumb onto a pink ink pad for cheeks. A small sliver of red vellum will be his mouth. These cheerful confections are sure to put a smile on everyone’s face.
As you eagerly await Santa’s arrival on Christmas Eve, this Santa's party will brighten your home with friendly holiday scenes and characters. Have a great time celebrating with your loved ones!
Love this article?
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now